“We are a well-funded start-up, and in everything we do, we focus on empowering people to monitor and make informed health decisions proactively. We are simply bridging the gap in healthcare by taking privilege out of it using our patented solutions that allow you to manage your 360 degrees of care easily. We bring together the brightest minds to create disruptive technology solutions, helping our customers live healthier lives.
As our vision, we believe we are on the face of a digital world making access to healthcare and wellbeing accessible to all by making great user-centric products; we are not about to change.
Our mission is to provide healthcare equity by being the backbone of good health and wellness through innovative technologies for a new human-centric economy where the user controls their health because personal health and wellbeing have become the new currency.
This is a unique opportunity to join our growing team, build new products, and scale our systems to meet a >20x surge in demand during the next 12-18 months. We are truly a full-stack company, mobile, and cloud-first, with a great set of technical challenges to work on.”
- User first, the rest will fall in place: "great " just doesn't cut it for us
- Accessibility & simplicity: geological position should not restrict access care & information
- Compassion: communicating with impact
- CIA triangle badge: we ensure system confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Innovation: change is inevitable; we embrace it through agility
- Developing self & others drive result
- "The Collaboration Dance " is our signature move
What do they do?
"Our product is a smart 'anywhere' health monitoring system that allows users to create and manage a 360 degree of their health data, allowing them to proactively monitor and make informed health decisions. Other healthcare tools are costly, complex, and intimidating, whilst ours is beautiful and simple, and our customers love it."
Why you should join them:
- "We have promised to foster true innovation and create something enduring that can influence society by affording dignity to each person, regardless of social standing or background.
- We define our digital voice as passionate, requiring self-expression, daring, Inspirational, challenging the status quo. Highly dedicated and achievement-oriented with a highly developed aesthetic
- We are motivated by the idea of creating something new, unique, exciting, and innovative that will have meaning and endure value
- We fear conforming, stagnation, familiarity, disenchantment, and mediocrity
- Our goal is to help customers express or create and foster the best version of themself with dignity while using creative thinking to solve their problems
- Our motto is "creativity take a challenge, do not copy, create"
- We're on a mission to drive digital healthcare and wellbeing inclusion across Africa and disrupt traditional health monitoring and screening, and, in the process, define a new currency in health data.
- We have successfully built and tested our disruptive technologies. We are at a point where we can extend this to South Africa and Africa as a whole
- Currently, we operate from Johannesburg, with plans to scale across Africa, serving 1 million people by the end of 2023.
- We are a well-funded start-up which now gives us a significant runway to scale our team and deploy our capabilities sooner.
- You'll have the opportunity to use your expertise to shape the future of our products and drive our strategy to impact our success directly.
- What we're doing has never been done before. You'll have the opportunity to use your expertise to shape the future of our product and drive our strategy to impact our success directly.
Do you know the intricacies of both Android/IOS platforms inside and out? Are you a developer who pushes mobile technologies to their limits? We are looking for an extremely technical, self-driven, highly motivated individual to join our mobile team. This role focuses on end-to-end development & Ui/UX design, and detailed testing. You should be comfortable working in smaller teams and taking greater ownership of your work. Own the android codebase and ensure it adheres to high-quality metrics, such as unit test coverage, readability, and conformity. Be responsible for designing and developing new features as well as fixing bugs. You will also ensure that all of the company's mobile applications are secure and compliant with current industry standards.
If you have...
- Diploma, Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 6+ years of professional software development experience. 8+ years preferred but not required.
- 4+ years of professional experience working with both Android and IOS - a must.
- Experience in analyzing business problems and translating business requirements into mobile application solutions considering such factors as system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing native mobile applications using Kotlin & Swift- a must
- Minimum of 2 years of experience architecting, designing, maintaining and developing large commerce enterprise applications ie meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Any experience in AWS Cloud Tech, AWS developer associate certification, or AWS Serverless development is a bonus
- Experience with offline storage, persistency, and threading (multi)
- Good understanding of UX and UI designs
- In-depth knowledge of application security and best practices
- Experience and knowledge of low-level system work is preferred (services, backgrounding)
- Familiar with RESTful APIs and JSON to interact with backend systems
- Have an awareness of Agile / Scrum methodologies or have worked in an Agile / Scrum team.
- Atlassian tool suite (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Have published one or more apps in the app store, a bonus
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Extensive experience using Cloud-based IDE's and CI/CD pipelines like Bitrise, CodeMagic, Fastlane, AWS pipelines, CircleCI
- Knowledge of OO design principles and development patterns
- You’re passionate about software development...it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
The recruitment process
Our hiring process shouldn’t be based on human judgement alone.
Infused assessments to run fair and objective test campaigns.
Reveal potential candidates’ abilities without bias so that our tech team is filled with diversity, boost creativity and cultivate innovation.
1) Undergo a screening technical test (evaluate candidates’ coding skills with tech-friendly, hands-on programming tests)
2) A technical live test (developers to write, execute and debug code as part of our technical interview process)
3) In-person interview & offer if successful
4) 3-months-notice then permanent