An established emergency medical service and training provider, with its Head Office in East London, is seeking to employ a Medical Training Facilitator.
- Basic Ambulance Assistant (BAA) qualification or Nursing Diploma need apply
- Registered with the HPCSA
- Valid Driver’s License and PDP
- Xhosa speaking (advantageous but not essential)
- Providing professional training services to the organisation in the areas of:
- First Aid: Levels 1-3 and other relevant and/or related unit standards
- In due course, the position will include Health and Safety training
- Thorough preparation for each and every training encounter, staying abreast of industry or legislative changes that may arise in the incumbent’s areas of expertise and knowledge (First Aid, Fire Safety, Safety Planning etc.).
- Ensuring that training equipment is maintained in good working order, and that hygiene standards are upheld at all times.
- Travel to external training locations throughout the Eastern Cape.
- Participation in the marketing and sales activities of the organisation within its commercial and geographic footprint, including regular outreaches to prospective new clients, and playing a sales role in securing those as new clients
- Ensuring that company resources are used with maximum efficiency – including fuel consumption (optimal route selection), company time (time at work is optimized – training paperwork, compliance, and other support functions can be completed when training is not in session), and sustenance and travel allowances (minimal time away for maximized training outcomes).
- Assist with the following functions as and when required:
- The stocking of first aid kits and medical equipment, including stock counting as required.
- Covering at reception (answering calls and taking/forwarding messages to staff).
- Quotations, filing and other administrative tasks
- Maintaining a training standard that sets the organisation apart as a highly professional and effective First Aid/Fire Safety training solution.
- Marking course work and assessments as required, together with the moderation of other trainers’ assessments (if the successful applicant is not duly qualified as a Moderator, they will be required to qualify themselves within a period of 12 months from the date of appointment as a facilitator/assessor).
- While the primary role of the Senior Facilitator is training, assessment and moderation, the successful applicant will be required (in isolated circumstances where the incumbent is available to respond to a call, and all routine staff are unavailable to do so) to respond to emergency medical service calls as dispatched by the Company’s Control Room.
- By applying Health and Safety expertise, to assist with in-house safety planning.
- In addition, may be required to assist in the following areas/functions:
- Stocking of first-aid kits and medical equipment, including stock counting
- Covering at Reception (answering calls, taking messaging, transferring calls)
- Quotations, filing and other administrative tasks as directed