This position offers an excellent opportunity to join my client's dynamic team to assist in expanding their product offering, especially in e-commerce drive. The ideal candidate is solution orientated, with proven experience in food procurement. The role suits a highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and who can easily adapt to the ever-changing market environment and organisational requirements. If you’re passionate about your work – to the point where it inspires others – this opportunity is for you!
- A relevant commercial degree or diploma.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years’ retail buying and product development experience.
- Previous experience in a procurement management role. Demonstrable results in complex buying within a food manufacturing environment is essential.
- Previous experience in product development in food production.
- Knowledge of logistics/warehousing, as well as delivery systems and procedures.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good planning and project management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and must be able to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills in both Afrikaans and English.
- Head the product development team.
- Lead new product development for all outsourced products in support of our food and homeware strategy.
- Perform end-to-end activities relevant to product procurement.
- Identify suitable new suppliers, whilst building and maintaining strong supplier relationships with both new and existing suppliers.
- Prepare and review proposals, contracts, and supplier agreements for legal correctness, pricing, and acceptability of items in terms of specifications.
- Ensure that quality of all sourced products is in line with our product quality standards.