This role will be minimum 12 month fixed term contracts, at 40 hours per week predominantly 8am- 5pm.
Our client partners with the world’s leading education institutions to transform physical limitations into digital opportunities. We create new opportunities for students to choose an aspirational online learning experience by offering fully-supported online high school programmes.
As a social enterprise, the Institute is also committed to levelling the playing field and increasing access for all students through free curriculum offerings, extensive scholarship programs and blended learning micro schools in underprivileged communities.
The Senior Learning Designer role at the Institute is primarily responsible for curating, augmenting, creating, and quality assuring secondary school course content and assessments that are suitable for high-touch online delivery. The incumbent will play a vital role in ensuring that the development of content across subjects is relevant to the learning cohort, of high quality and developed within the required timelines and the scope of the project. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use the relevant subject-level specifications to ensure that content meets the required examination standards, and determine the adequacy or inadequacy of content.
- Conduct planning and analysis per subject area to recommend appropriate design solutions and strategies for online delivery.
- Analyse the characteristics of the Institute's learning management system (LMS) and emerging technologies and use the unique affordances of these technologies to make design decisions.
- Transfer and re-develop content from textbook books, journals, web resources, as well as other related educational resources into a richly augmented format that meets online delivery objectives.
- Work with subject matter experts and collaborate with production specialists to create targeted content in a wide variety of mediums to complement or support the curriculum.
- Design and create targeted continuous assessment strategies that support students in their progression towards their summative examinations.
- Work with project management and various operational stakeholders to ensure that deadlines are adhered to and that project communication takes place in a timely and effective manner.
- Work on evaluation strategies to review the effectiveness of a design strategy, and review content at set intervals as part of the Institute's approach to continuous improvement.
- Perform quality assurance on Learning Designers’ work across subjects and qualifications.
- Line manage, capacitate, and motivate a team of Learning Designers.
- Champion a culture of learning among Learning Designers by coordinating and facilitating capacity development workshops.
- Contribute to departmental process improvements.
- Assist with recruitment and the onboarding of new recruits.
- Develop innovative pedagogical and blended online learning approaches in collaboration with the Learning Design Manager and Head of Product
- Identify appropriate tools and software to improve the delivery of qualifications on the online learning campus.
- Develop course outlines, guidance documents, templates and policies.
- Research and resolve content ambiguities based on incomplete or inaccurate information.
- Refine learning design quality assurance framework.
- Support the Learning Design Manager with day-to-day departmental functions as requested.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Education, Project Management, Instructional Design, PGCE or related experience
- Proven skills and experience in learning design and the development of student-centred digital learning experiences and resources
- Knowledge of digital learning principles and practices, as well as current and future trends in digital technologies
- Demonstrated project management skills in the development of digital content for online courses
- Exercise discretionary judgment and negotiate for positive outcomes
- Ability to spot and communicate risks
- Stable internet connection required
- Having your own laptop would be an advantage but is not a requirement
Personal Skills & Attributes:
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and build collaborative work relationships
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to work in a team environment
- Good presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritise work appropriately
- Comfortable working remotely
Family member discount for the Institute
Voluntary savings Programme