FDA (Front Desk Assistant)
Temporary Assignment in Mowbray, Cape Town
Residence Reception, Higher Education
Effectively provide administrative and front of house services at residence level
- Effectively manage the reception services including: Mail, Telephone and Message service
- Provide a front of house and first point of contact with residents, visitors, and guests.
- Ensure that the Student Housing & Residence Life access control policy is adhered to.
- Effective management of the residence records.
- Interaction and service to students and stakeholders.
- Maintain the official noticeboard IRO relevant Student Housing & Residence Life information.
Assist in co-ordinating, executing and monitoring Student Housing policy and services at a residence level
- Conduct regular monitoring schedule at a residence level.
- Provide regular monitoring reports IRO operational activities and services to ensure efficiency, quality and standards are maintained.
- Assist in monitoring third party contracts including:
- Access Control
- Grounds & Gardens
- Monitor and execute the provision of the following at a residence level: Cleaning, Curtaining, Furnishing, Laundry and Linen
- Ensure that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at a residence level.
- Act as an Alternate Health & Safety Representative.
- Act as the residence First Aider and manage the First Aid kit and recording of all incidents.
Effective record keeping and liaison with Student Housing & Residence Life central office IRO allocations
- Effective registration of residents.
- Effective recording of all room allocations.
- Effective management of residence records IRO RMS including:
- Search and view applicants
- Print / view booking scheduler
- Room changes and room swops
- Draw residence reports
- Print / export arrivals and departure reports
Effective co-ordination and training of student reception staff at a residence level
- Assist in the appointment of student receptionists.
- Co-ordinate the duties and payments of student reception staff.
- O-ordinate induction of student receptionists, including: Policies and Protocols, Evacuation Procedures, Fire and Fire Door Alarms, as well as Emergency Procedures and Equipment
- Minimum of 2 (two) years relevant practical experience within the hospitality / facilities / student services/customer services environment
- Matric / Grade 12