PBT Group currently has an opportunity role for a BI Developer who will establish new technology components and reusable solution patterns. You be responsible for developing data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms and integrating systems as well as translating business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
About the role:
- Create design standards, patterns and principles.
- Data management, development and modelling.
- Engage with a wide range of technical stakeholders including data scientists, business analysts, data engineers, database administrators and solutions architects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Engineering or another quantitative field or, National Diploma in an Information Technology related discipline preferred
- 3 - 8 years related experience
- Application and data engineering background with a solid background in SQL is required
- Data architecture design and delivery experience preferred
- Experience in 3 or more of the following areas is required:
- Database technologies (e.g. SAP Hana, Teradata or similar) and database development (Views, Functions and Stored Procedure development)
- Hadoop components including HDFS, Hive, Spark, Oozie and Impala
- Object-oriented/object functional scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala or related
- ETL tools (e.g. SAP Data Services)
- Event/Streaming based data pipelines (e.g. Kafka or Nifi)
- Data warehousing (Kimball and Data Vault patterns are preferred) and dimensional data modelling (OLAP and MDX experience)