Insurance Coordinator, Stellenbosch area
Our client, a fast-growing property management firm is looking to expand their team and services with the addition of an Insurance Coordinator to help manage their portfolio and provide assistance with buildings, engineering or other insurance related queries for their clients.
This is a mid-level position, and the right applicant will be given full support in training toward their further qualification in order to progress within the industry.
The remit of the insurance team has grown and to meet increasing demands from our clients for insurance services, this is an opportunity for the right person to flourish and establish themselves as a valued staff member within a dynamic property management company.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing admin support to the Branch Manager and claims handling team.
- Liaising primarily with St Giles insurance brokers, clients, and directors of manged blocks to provide information requested.
- Collecting and updating information relating to claims.
- Building and maintaining relationships with Property Managers and some Directors of resident’s associations.
- Acting as liaison / referral contact for insurance queries.
- Providing claims support.
- Checking our internal systems to ensure there is buildings insurance, director and officers’ insurance for each location managed, and establishing if engineering insurance is required.
- Working with our preferred broker St Giles to ensure all insurances are managed by them and arranging any new policies.
- Training will be given on how to use Google image searching and instructions on how to highlight potential cladding, render, flat roofs, or grade listing to Property Managers and broker.
- Obtain contact details of directors of blocks of flats to complete quotation request forms for new insurance quotations and copies of existing insurance.
- Issuing insurance client packs to directors.
- Develop a system to monitor new business secured by our client so contact can be made about the insurance.
- Updating STG when business is lost and to whom.
- Management of UK insurance claims from initiation to conclusion.
- Other insurance related activities, as require.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
Tools needed to do the role:
- Excellent academic and / or professional qualifications.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and verbally, including drafting correspondence and documents.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a varied and demanding role with appropriate supervision.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and be organised and efficient.
- Demonstrable experience and ability to use ICT packages i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good understanding of insurance claims procedures.
- Previous work experience in an insurance environment.
- Ability to interpret data and communicate the outcomes in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to maintain care and discretion in a highly confidential environment.
- Good understanding and interpretation of instructions and issues.
- Experience within the residential property sector.
Attributes / behaviors the role holder must possess to be successful in the role:
- Able to show an understanding and commitment to good customer care.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Pragmatic, creative approach to problem solving, with emphasis on fast and practical solutions.
- Experience of dealing with Directors / Stakeholders in a courteous and helpful way by keeping them advised of progress and offering them a solution to their problem.
- Understands the process of team working and the part they play in ensuring objectives are met.
- Demonstrable experience of taking responsibility for own actions and development opportunities, maintaining high levels of integrity.
- Commitment to equality, diversity, and mutual respect; accepting differences and treating everyone fairly.
- Focused on resolving problems and taking ownership of finding solutions.
- Maintain a culture in which people take ownership for their customer’s care experience
- Exceed expectations to improve the services delivered.
- Develop strategies to enable the customer to be treated as an individual.
- Decisive and keen to take on new challenges.
- Enthusiastic and proud to work for the company and desire to add value.
Salary: Market related.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Area: Stellenbosch area.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.