Do you have an outgoing, sales mindset with corporate finance experience? Have you raised money for private equity or been part of a team involved in capital raises? Have you got attention to detail and the ability to spot opportunities to raise capital , see acquisition opportunities and to increase Business capital? Do you love financial modelling and drafting world class accurate presentations? Are you fantastic at negotiation and enjoy prospecting investors, clients and the like? Raise your hand because
It’s our mission to unleash the potential in our team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse and each individual feels that they belong. That’s why we want you to join us in the capacity of Corporate Finance Manager. This role plays an integral part in our team, as you will raise both local and international capital across the private equity and underlying client arms of the Business.
What can we offer you? Some of our benefits include:
- Modern fit-for-purpose people practices.
- Working in a state-of-the-art tech building that includes access to on-site gym to help you grow your fitness as much as you do your brain.
- Two on-site restaurants that will have you inhaling aromas of mouth-watering lunchtime dishes, and freshly brewed coffee. At Fintech campus that’s just a part of the rhythm of the day.
Great, so who is a good fit?
A specialist with a high attention to detail, who is phenomenal when it comes to projections and modelling. Someone who fully understands the negotiation process and how this interlinks with ensuring Business capital is increased. The ideal candidate will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to provide explanations over presentations and pitch decks, both clearly and concisely.
So what will such a fantastic individual’s duties and responsibilities include?
- To identify and target investors globally for investment directly into investee companies or via the Private Equity structure;
- To prepare investment packs and proposals for international and local investors;
- Conducting and presenting Company research in comparison to peers and to be able to benchmark to industry players;
- Creating and presenting financial models and cash flow models;
- Assisting in creating financial forecast models that will assist the various business managers and subsidiaries in the group to be able to build accurate business plans;
- Conducting formal valuations to assess the value of potential transactions; both in raising, as well as placing investments;
- Working closely with Senior Management and Directors relating to client projects;
- Report writing and pitch decks (information packs) for Business use;
- Prepare returns and performance trend analysis of underlying investee Companies, compared to market benchmarks;
- Raising capital from institutional investors both locally and internationally;
- Responsible for the creation of both presentations and pitch decks, which will be used for presenting to Investors, Clients and the like;
- Continuous liaison with Aluma Stakeholders, including both Brokers, Management and investors;
- Identification and acquisitions of possible Investors and Clients;
- Identification of possible acquisition targets;
- Establishing innovative ways to increase Business Capital;
- Attend meetings with Investors, so as to create buy-in and ensure accurate negotiation of deals;
- Responsible for the execution of Financial Due Diligence;
- Ensuring proper advice is given to Stakeholders relating to transactions;
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to the executive committee;
- Ensure compliance with the applicable legislation and financial standards;
- Develop, enhance, implement and enforce internal control systems;
- Oversee the investment of funds and manage associated risks;
- Provide financial input on contracts evaluation analysis;
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships;
- Responsible for negotiation of deals with Investors and other Stakeholders.
Are there any specific skills and attributes required?
- self-confidence and self-discipline
- Trustworthiness and conscientiousness by taking responsibility for personal performance;
- Be motivated in achieving goals;
- Loyalty toward the organisation;
- Commitment by aligning with organisational goals;
- Disciplined, extremely well organised;
- Strong mathematic skills and the ability to work systematically;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Track record of success, and passion for the Financial Services industry;
Take a look at the what the requirements for this amazing job are and if you meet them apply, apply, apply:
- BCom /CFA / BSc or Investment Management, or a similar field;
- 5 years Corporate Finance experience in the Financial Services industry;
- 3 years’ experience relating to financial valuations, financial modelling, or equity analysis.