Our client based in West Rand, Johannesburg is looking to employ a Merchandiser in their organisation.
- Matric/grade 12 qualification.
- Experience in sales is beneficial.
- Experience in hardware retail products.
- Intermediate English verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate English writing skills.
- Novice MS Office (Word, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Have interpersonal skills.
- Be innovative.
- Good at rule-following.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning skills.
- Be dependable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Analyse the market:
- Keep up to date with and report on market trends and customer’s needs.
- Observe and report on competitor activities.
- Assemble product displays.
- Pack merchandise on shelves.
- Remove merchandise not part of the range.
- Replenish stock.
- Return stock to the company when needed.
- Identify opportunities for store range expansions.
- Convince customers to buy the product.
- Promote current specials and the product range.
Maintain customer relationships:
- Resolve customer queries.
- Visit stores regularly.
- Determine customer’s training needs.
- Train in store staff on the company’s products.
- Assist with Demo training days or Trade shows.
- Train new employees on how to merchandise.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on the company’s products.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.