Our client, leading in the insurance industry is looking for a Development Manager (GIT) to join their Johannesburg team. This position requires the right candidate to manage and prioritize IT Systems Development tasks through the effective deployment of resources and efficient workload allocation.
- Define and maintain a road map to facilitate application software development and ensure the development work is prioritized in line with business requirements.
- Develop innovative solutions by integrating and analysing complex and diverse information sources.
- Develop tactical plans for optimizing resources and assets being managed within a significant area or department.
- Conduct research using primary data sources and select information needed for the analysis of key themes and trends.
- Develop existing applications and contribute to development of new applications by analyzing and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfill personal potential.
- Grade 12/SAQA Accredited (Essential)
- Recognized IT diploma/degree (Advantageous)
- Knowledge and experience in RPG, C# and .Net
- 6 or more years adequate System Development experience using the relevant programming language or technologies (Essential)
- Previous experience in Financial Insurance industry (Advantageous)
- 3 - 6 years’ experience of planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by more senior managers (Essential)