My Short Term Insurance Client is looking for a Technical Engineering Underwriter.
- Grade 12
- FETC in Short Term Insurance (ESS)
- Higher Certificate in Short Term Insurance (ADV)
- RE 5 passed
- Must be FAIS Fit & Proper
- Basic Ms Office
- Advanced product knowledge and application of Engineering insurance
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of current market trends within the industry, external factors that could impact the business, as well as a sound understanding of competitor product offerings.
- Underwrite Engineering risks which will include renewals and policy amendments if required.
- Maintain effective strategies and organisation skills within the Engineering Department.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with brokers and internal stakeholders.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with Business Partners.
- Policy documentation and administration – ensure accurate policy documentation is issued to brokers and maintain accurate records of such.
- Proactively drive involvement of functional areas within the Engineering division.
- Proactively liaise with relevant stakeholders when new business is underwritten.
- Work effectively within the Technical Team environment and provide support in terms of investigations and formulation of new product enhancement and Reinsurance business.