Our client in the manufacturing industry is currently looking to employ an UI/UX Designer. Awesome career opportunity awaits!
Main purpose of the position:
- UI/UX Designer responsibilities are gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components, ensuring a product makes sense to the user by creating a path that logically flows from one step to the next and ensuring each page visually communicates that path.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers, by speaking to real users about the product and finding out what they want from it.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets, thinking about how the product/service can accommodate how the customer already behaves. The design focuses on functionality, usability and colours or pictures, be using techniques like wire-framing and prototyping.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Testing to check that the changes made during the design phase stand up to scrutiny, thus eliminating problems or user difficulties that were unforeseen in the design phase before getting started on the implementation phase. Testing methods include usability testing, remote user testing, a/b testing. Testing can be repeated at any stage in the process, to increase the quality of the design and fix any errors.)
- Working with developers during implementation to reach the end goal for a project. The developers transform the design ideas into a real, working website or App.
- 3 year IT (or related) Qualification - degree or diploma (minimum) in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Track record in gathering user requirements and designing systems and applications
- Has a thorough understanding of project and development lifecycle
- Business Analysis
- Solution Architecture
- Application Architecture
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.