Our international client in the automotive industry and based in Uitenhage is looking to employ an experienced and qualified Project Engineer - Logistics Planning
Education and Experience
- Have a National Diploma/Degree in Industrial Engineering/Mechanical Engineering
- Have a minimum of 3 years logistics experience in a manufacturing environment
- Have 2 years Project Management experience
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Managing of logistics projects from conception to successful implementation
- Planning and implementing improved warehouse and production layouts and facilities.
- Designing and implementing racking, storage facilities, pallets and stillage’s in Press shop, Body shop, Engine Plant, Paint shop Components Plant and Warehouses.
- Drafting and updating specifications for Logistics Material handling contracts
- Developing, introducing and optimizing packaging specifications for local/CKD sourced as well as export parts.
- Compiling project plans for coordinating and monitoring projects to ensure adherence to timelines and specifications
- Preparing accurate budget prices for investment programs or project proposals
- Critically analyzing logistics processes with a view to reduce logistics costs
- Convening / chairing meetings then document accurate minutes of meetings / represent the Division/dept in Company forums