Our Uitenhage based, client in the automotive industry, is currently looking to employ an experienced Product Engineer : Body Shop.
Main purpose of the position:
- As part of the Process Planning production team, the incumbent will be responsible for the introduction of new models and model year changes through Pre-series Build as well as to ensure that a vehicle is delivered consistently and according to the required KONZERN quality levels and meets the customers’ expectations throughout the life cycle of the product.
- Coordinating Pre-Series build in liaison with supporting departments
- Supporting of Pre-Series and SOP build phases relevant to facility functionality, dimensional improvements, quality improvements and project related problems with special reference to the manufacturing and preparation of special vehicles which may include Motor show and Press Vehicles
- Investigating build / audit related problems (root cause analysis, establishment and implementation of corrective actions)
- Supporting Production and Quality in achieving quality targets (Dimensional targets /Meisterbock/Functional/ Stability / BIW audits / Final Vehicle audit/DRR/ Flow-out)
- Identifying and monitoring of critical build processes in order to achieve build consistency and quality
- Manufacturing and implementing, in liaison with Process Engineer, of Prototype Facilities as required to improve build processes
- Participating in project teams for new model introductions / Production engineering changes / localization of sub-assemblies, fitment trials and sign-off for trim part introductions
- Providing feedback in the form of written and visual presentations on corrective actions at Management Reviews
- Understanding and analyzing Measuring Reports/ Quirl/In-line measuring/ GOM
- Issuing detailed reports on investigations
- Managing of problem sheets (Raising and Follow-up)
- Ensuring Stability of assemblies and coordinating of non-conformities found with relevant parties (Parts, Facilities and Process)
Education and Experience:
- National N Diploma /National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/National Diploma in Operational Management.
- Have at least 5 years technical experience in the automotive industry and extensive knowledge of the vehicle production process
- Relevant Qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- A tool making trade
Skills, Attributes and Other requirements:
- Be familiar with detailed technical drawings and fixture drawings
- Have proven analytical skills with an innovative approach to Problem Solving
- Be able to create detailed reports for distribution to relevant departments and Senior Management
- Have good communication skills (able to communicate at all levels, through presentations, verbal and in writing)
- Have good analytical skills relevant to solving of vehicle build / audit related problems
- Be familiar with Jigs and Fixtures and parts drawings
- Be willing to work overtime at short notice and willing to work shifts, be on call out.
- Be competent in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have the ability to plan and coordinate projects successfully
- German language proficiency
- Experience in (CATIA, CAD, Hyper KVS)
- Previous Body Shop / Vehicle dimensional experience
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.