An exciting opportunity exists for a qualified and experienced Metrology Technician. This is with a global manufacturer based in Uitenhage. (Metrology is the scientific study of measurement. It establishes a common understanding of units, crucial in linking human activities.)
Education and Experience:
- Have an Artisan Trade with a National Diploma in Engineering or a Technical Engineering Diploma
- Have a minimum of 5 years Metrology measuring experience
- Have a minimum of 5 years measuring software experience (PC-Dmis, GOM, Polyworks Preferable)
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Conduct dimensional approval of vehicle components to ensure the successful release of components at the correct quality levels at relevant PEP milestones.
- Provide dimensional analysis of problematic components in order to successfully solve production concerns and improve the overall product quality and minimize reworks.
- Dimensional verification - checking fixtures (Press Shop, Body Shop, Assembly) to ensure correct control of production process quality levels.
- Conduct measurement of Series Production parts to analyse and report on part condition and Process stability.
- Maintain all measuring equipment and fixtures in a state of absolute precision to ensure accurate and timeous measuring service to internal and external customers.
- Offline and teach programming experience of CMM facilities.
- Tool and jig making
- Advanced computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office - Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of CAD software (Catia Preferable)
- Working understanding of CMM maintenance and TPM
- Interpretation of Technical drawings
- Design and building of measuring fixtures
- Sound understanding of the vehicle manufacturing process (Press Shop, Body Shop, Assembly, Purchase parts manufacturing)