Applications are invited from suitably qualified & experienced employees to fill the above vacancy in Production – Paint Shop
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Responding to and assess breakdowns when informed, compile the necessary reports and recommend what can be improved to eliminate similar failures in the future.
- Maintaining allocated tools & equipment and constantly lubricating moving parts on a daily basis.
- Carry out planned maintenance activities and maintain Paint shop mechanical installations and systems to VWSA standards and requirements
- Analysing programmable logic controller programs for the purpose of modifying and find faults on the machines and equipment.
- Correcting various Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic types of fault on machines to ensure production continuity.
- Ensuring machine availability, accuracy, and performance to enable continuous production within area of responsibility.
- Planning and developing modifications for conventional relay equipment to PLC equipment on various machines to reduce maintenance costs.
- Supporting production with new facility installations and commissioning to ensure proper functionality.
- Conduct store stock counts and documenting stock levels to always ensure spare part availability
Education and Experience
- National Diploma, N Diploma in Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics Engineering, or any relevant Engineering qualification
- Certified training (Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Pumps, conveyors, lifting equipment etc)
- Minimum 3 years’ post graduate experience in a maintenance environment
Skills, Attributes & Other requirements
- PREFERRED: • Electrical experience / exposure will be an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge of pneumatics & hydraulics, conveyor systems, Vario shuttle Technology, LPG burners (Advantageous), AC & DC motors / equipment and Kuka & Durr robots (Advantage Industrial PCs / HMI’s (installation, repairs and software packages), VSD’s (SEW & Danfoss), Siemens switch gear and PILZ safety devices)
- Be fluent in fault finding and problem solving techniques and be able to understand mechanical drawings, installation diagrams, equipment manuals etc.
- Ability to use various mechanical meters & testing equipment and understanding of the function / operation of basic mechanical systems
- Ability to improve machine performance by streamlining preventative maintenance tasks and frequencies.
- Ability to carry out modifications to existing equipment by introducing the latest technologies available
- Sound technical knowledge with respect to mechanical installations and problem solving
Please forward CV and ALL supporting documentation to, email@example.com. Should you not hear from Profile Personnel within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful for the vacancy. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future vacancies.