Our client in the automotive industry is currently looking to employ an experienced Maintenance / Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
The main purpose of the role is to direct and coordinate the Maintenance and Manufacturing Engineering resources in order to ensure optimum capital utilization for the Uitenhage plant.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Direct the Manufacturing Engineers, in defining technical specifications for new equipment and alterations on existing equipment and facilities.
- Direct and coordinate both repair and preventive maintenance requirements for all manufacturing equipment.
- Support continuous improvement efforts: propose and implement continuous productivity, efficiency and quality improvement actions.
- Support the development of target Material & Information Flow Analysis (MIFA) and plant layout.
- Develop capital budget requirements to adhere to established facilities standards except new programs.
- Define and monitor quality, cost and delivery objectives given to external companies when intervening, subcontracting, ordinary and major maintenance actions, energy, security systems.
- Direct the management of spare parts warehouse.
- Recommend safety policies and assure safety/legal controls are tested and reliable
- Be responsible for the computer aided maintenance management system.
- Ensure the continuous development and coaching of Maintenance & Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Uphold the companies Code of Management and Code of Ethics.
- Direct plant manufacturing engineering standard applications and strategic intent.
Minimum education level:
- Degree in engineering, with a specialisation in mechanics and automation
- At least 8 years of maintenance/engineering experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Skills and competencies:
- Working knowledge of Quality systems and Health, Safety & Environment skills
- Computer knowledge and skills
- Innovation and change management skills
- Strong people management skills, interpersonal and communication skills