Our client in the manufacturing industry based in Uitenhage is currently looking to employ a Homologation Controller.
Definition : Homologation is the process of certifying that a particular car matches certain specified criteria laid out by the government for all vehicles made or imported into that country.
Main purpose of the position:
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced employees to fill the above vacancy in the Vehicle Engineering Department. The position is responsible for homologation activities and the interpretation of regulations and legislation to ensure compliance of vehicles and components in active markets.
- Obtain national certification for Group vehicles in all target markets through the process of vehicle and component homologation
- Ensure homologation activities are scheduled, tracked and executed in alignment with divisional and corporate milestones
- Monitor and interpret legislation and regulations to ensure compliancy of products in markets
- Communicate regulation and legislation updates and changes throughout the company
- Interface with technical services and authorities
- Represent the company at regulatory and technical automotive forums
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering/Marketing/Business Law
- At least 2-3 years’ related experience in an automotive environment
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Marketing/Business Law
- Basic knowledge of vehicle emissions
- Extensive whole vehicle knowledge
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally
- German language proficiency
- Knowledge of national legislation
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Process driven approach to all facets of work
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.