Purpose of the Job
The Digital Architect is the technical lead on agile systems- and App development on multiple IS projects; proposing and implementing solutions across a variety of hardware platforms (networks, desktops, mobile devices, distributed platforms, cloud platforms), and ensuring these solutions fit with strategic business requirements. The Digital Architect may work on medium to high complexity projects alone where a need for some creative thought is required or work as a project team member to deliver more complex and/or wide-ranging projects with the guidance of others.
- Define innovative fit for purpose architectural solutions for assigned projects, which meet business requirements and align with the architectural strategy and roadmap.
- Plan and implement the design activities for solutions in order to ensure that the design is translated into a working solution that is installed and configured correctly, and within budget and timescales.
- Document functional and non-functional requirements which can be traced back to business requirements, so that these can be used when liaising with key stakeholders to obtain approval for the solution design.
- Liaise with Business Analysts to ensure solution designs align with the organization’s overall business processes and strategy.
- Make recommendations on the use of 3rd party suppliers for a specific project and assess and evaluate subsequent solutions to ensure that they are fit for purpose, align with strategy and roadmaps, and deliver maximum return on investment for the organisation.
- Liaise with business stakeholders to ensure that all solutions comply with the technical governance framework, and with IS security and risk principles.
- Document all project designs and change correctly to ensure that there are records to be referred to in the future.
- Keep up to date with relevant internal and external thought leadership, in order to inform the creation of innovative solutions on assigned projects, and contribute to the development of the Information Systems Architecture principles and Solution Architecture Roadmap.
- 3 year IT (or related) Qualification - degree or diploma (minimum)
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking
- Strong technical leadership and governance experience
- Has successfully operated and influenced at senior levels
- Has managed and worked with 3rd party suppliers
- Motor Industry knowledge and experience
- Broad and deep knowledge of multiple hardware and software environments
- Able to understand how complex heterogeneous systems function
- Organised and documented sets of techniques, intended to facilitate the structured development of applications. Examples: XP (Extreme Programming), RUP (Rational Unified Process), Objectory/UML(Unified Modelling Language).
- Software tools which automate or assist part of the development process.
- Strong demonstrable IT and business process skills
- An understanding of the IT industry, technology and trends
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, clearly articulating ideas, solutions and recommendations across all levels of the organisation.
- Highly motivated with excellent time management skills and able to work under own initiative
- Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves them
- Strong supplier and stakeholder management skills
- A logical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Able to influence with tact and diplomacy
- Innovative thinker
- Thinks commercially
- Experience of application, data and infrastructure architectures
- Experience with SOAP, Oracle, MS/SQL, ESB, JAVA, ETL technologies