I am looking to recruit a SHEQ Officer for a Manufacturing company in Tongaat, KZN. This is a 3 month Temporary position to go permanent.
The overall responsibility of the job: Total management of health, safety, environmental and quality systems as per Company requirements. The store functions and responsibilities of engineering, raw materials and consumables.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Development and implementation of relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Safety Induction Training for employees and contractors
- Environmental awareness training and training on conducting audits.
- Coordinate and chair regular meetings with safety reps, management & union
- Implement OHSAS 18001
- Prepare plant for SABS audits and liaising with SABS inspector
- Ensure relevant legal compliance (ISO and SABS)
- Arrange internal audits as per Marley requirements
- Arrange surveys (Occupational & Environmental)
- Ensure effective incident management (COID)
- To be the COVID compliance officers
- Review SER’s and educate employees on action plans
- Conduct factory visits and audits
- Ensure all safety and quality files are up to date
- Ensure that audit action plans are being fulfilled
- Submit reports
- Liaising with Municipalities and AIA’s
- Regular hygiene checks e.g. ablutions, tearooms etc.
- Review roles and functions of management in terms of HSE
- Establish efficient reporting mechanism to report to management
- Conduct Internal Safety training to employees
- To participate and promote Near Miss and Safety Conversation Reporting
- To ensure that safety meetings are conducted monthly and all action plans are tracked accordingly
- To ensure that all compliance testing and checks are done, and deviations remedied timeously
- Responsible for weekly and monthly stock takes of raw materials, engineering spares and consumables.
- To assist with finished goods stock takes.
- To take a leading role to ensure that safety is always treated as the number one priority and that the factory operates in a way to minimize negative environmental impacts.
- Effective communication and assisting in the implementation and enforcing of site rules.
- Following safe working practices and procedures including timely reporting of accidents and emergencies.
- Recognising hazards and risks and reporting them. Developing safe systems of work from risk assessments and implement safety behavioral methods of work.
- Promote effective near miss reporting.
- Ensure that anybody entering or working in the factories comply with the necessary PPE
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Must have sound knowledge of HSE legislative requirements
· Excellent report writing skills
· Contacts and good relations with relevant bodies such as community health, DWAF etc.
· Well organized
· Excellent knowledge on how to conduct audits