Tech Lead – South Africa
Our client is a full-service digital agency based in Reading, UK, The Hague, Netherlands and more recently Cape Town, South Africa.
Our client is looking to employ a Tech Lead to join their team in Stellenbosch, Cape Town.
Our client strategizes, designs, and develop digital solutions for the private and public sector. Their international team of over 100 professionals work between both locations delivering exceptional solutions.
Why work for them?
The successful candidate will work with high profile clients and manage challenging impactful projects, as well as have the opportunity to work within multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
Our client offers on the job project experience, training and encourage knowledge sharing amongst colleagues, including client academy days, time to spend for yourself as well as time to develop your work-related initiatives.
- Reporting directly to the Head of Software Engineering.
- Responsible for leading the development team and defining the technical vision for the entire project.
- To work collaboratively with the client / stakeholders to ensure that they are aligned to the technical vision and strategy.
- To support, guide, and mentor the development team to ensure the project is delivered on time and to the client’s specification.
- To develop and build relationships with other 3rd parties and key stakeholders / clients.
- To establish and maintain regular and effective communication with key stakeholders (team included).
- To identify and mitigate any risks related to the overall delivery of the project.
Responsibilities and contributions:
- Create and evolve architecture in an agile environment.
- Encourage the team to share technical solutions to best fit the architecture.
- Maintain a hands-on approach to coding and alignment with the team to ensure the quality and the output meets the desired objective.
- Support the Scrum Master to identify process improvements, to aid the development of the team.
- Facilitate technical discussions to uncover new insights and best practices.
- Responsible for ensuring effective communication with other parties (3rd parties, client, etc.).
- Contribute to the company’s technical vision and long and short-term strategy.
- Ensure that the client’s transform with effective technical end-to-end delivery.
Knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of language like Net and Node, JS for building their web-based applications.
- Extensive experience with multiple technologies to support the architectural design and team (e.g., Java, .Net, Node.JS, C#, React, Angular, Spring, Kubernetes and Docker and mobile experience preferable).
- Experience with design principles and patterns.
- Extensive proven relevant work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Location: Stellenbosch area – Cape Town.
Salary offered: Market related salary.
Please forward your CV to be considered for this position if you meet all the requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you do not receive any feedback within one month of the date of application.