Our client is seeking an experienced Quality Controller: Blueberries for a Packhouse in the Stellenbosch area.
The Quality Controller will be responsible to adapt a hands-on operational approach to ensure that the company’s products meet or exceed the quality standards required.
The Quality Controller will also be responsible to develop and validate all processes, ensure accurate and timely documentation, and to provide leadership on quality assurance within the company.
The main objective of this position is to ensure that the fruit received, packed, and dispatched is within the required specification (temperature, condition etc.).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Quality assurance on all farms, farm to packhouse and in packhouse till dispatched.
- Assist in setting quality standards and ensures production is maintained at such standards.
- Complete appropriate testing and obtains approvals prior to dispatch.
- Ensure all defects are noted and a packaging plan has been created after reviewing with inventory planning and the Packhouse Coordinators / Packhouse Manager.
- Create product movement report which is executed by distribution team.
- Packhouse Manager to brainstorm an appropriate solution for fruit.
- Assists with the product inquiries, returns and rejections.
- Review report which shows defect percentage for each order to create informed decisions.
- Ensure you have the pack plan for the day, so that you can see all client specifications for the different orders we are packing during the day.
- All incoming fruit should be inspected on arrival following the QC protocol.
- Advice on and monitor temperature to ensure that the cold chain is maintained.
- Continuous quality checks should be done during the packing process to ensure that the company meet the client specification.
- All freeze / 2nd grade fruit should also be checked during packing process to ensure minimal waste.
- Shelf-life samples should be drawn from the raw material and from finished product for each line that are packed.
- Outgoing / finished product should be inspected prior to loading and recorded on the BW DIPAR system.
- Build strong working relationships with Farm Managers to foster innovation, adoption of best practices.
- Assist Farm Managers and advice on the sustainable health and condition of plants / fruit, ensure fruit meets end use specifications, ensure fruit quality targets are achieved.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the soft fruit industry.
- Good understanding of Food Safety Principles.
- Relevant Degree.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong creative problem-solving skills.
Salary offered: Market related.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply directly online by uploading your CV if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks’ time.