Ready to be part of a dynamic global IT team? Here's the opportunity for you to make an impact!
We are looking for a seasoned IT professional who will be a true business partner to the organization. You are a forward thinking leader who is results-oriented, business savvy, and able to motivate and engage a high performing team that is committed to resolution. You enjoy working in cross-functional global teams as well as providing hands-on mentorship and coaching to the IT team to continue fostering an innovative, agile and nimble service culture.
Reporting to the Head, Business Improvement and Technology, you are responsible for managing all IT infrastructure, systems, projects, cyber security and risk across the Group. In addition, you will support the Group IT strategy in delivering a unified technology experience to enable productivity and a low-cost operator proposition and to deliver a rationalized set of fit-for-purpose solutions and services. You will also manage the external IT service providers and act as the main point of contact for the Operation Centre's for any complex questions or issues.
This role is based out of the Operations Centre in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Be a role model to the team and foster a team-oriented culture that promotes an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility, sustainable development and operational excellence.
- Demonstrated commitment to the companies values.
- Drive results and efficiency through good decision-making, action and change management, and strong people management.
- Manage the set of enterprise services to be centrally delivered.
- Oversee the delivery of cyber security, network infrastructure support, application management and desktop support services across the Group.
- Ensure enterprise architecture, architecture planning / directions setting, and technical standards meet Group requirements and regulatory standards.
- Build and maintain relationships with external IT service providers.
- Maintain contracts with IT service providers; review costs and identify cost optimization opportunities.
- Ensure IT systems are highly secured, and the uptime and SLAs exceed business expectations.
- Adapt governance and business strategy to align with evolving industry conditions whilst maintaining continued audit comfort.
- Work cross-collaboratively with different Operations and Functions to support the planning and execution of business changes using technology.
- Audit the Department for vulnerabilities and compliment the technical team of the Department.
- Ensure high level of systems availability is maintained by ensuring reliable disaster recovery and business continuity artefacts are in place.
- Design and implement support services for Microsoft related technologies.
- Keep abreast of current and future technology trends and recommend best-in-class practices, systems and solutions for the business.
Ideally, you will have:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or equivalent accreditation preferred
- 7+ years' experience in infrastructure management, with specific exposure to Azure cloud solutions and capabilities.
- 2+ years in leading service teams.
- Experience leading cyber security management for the business.
- Proven track record in managing external IT service providers and delivering quality service for internal clients.
- Experience in delivering fit-for-purpose technology solutions and driving cost optimization for the business.
- Experience in working on IT Transformation activities including putting structures in place for IT Governance, IT Delivery and IT processes including introducing newer IT technologies.
- Experience working in a global organization with multiple sites; preferably in the mining industry (but not required).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to leverage technology to support company strategy, priorities and long-term business plan.
- Able to work at strategic and operational level.
- Creative problem solver with ability to mitigate risks, implement controls and solve issues.
- Solid project management skills, with ability to develop concrete realistic action plans and deliver in a timely manner on budget.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Able to engage with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve beneficial outcomes.
- Passionate about technology and enjoys keeping up and adapting to rapid evolution of the industry.
- Strong business acumen and possess sound and practical judgement.
- Analytical, thorough and data driven.
- Exposure to Azure Cloud services preferable.
- Able and willing to travel if required.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary: R65 000 - R75 000 pm
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.