Our client is seeking an experienced, self-motivated and target driven Packhouse Manager (soft fruit) in Stellenbosch.
This position will be responsible for the overall management and leadership functions of the Packhouse.
- Management of the pack house operations including all pack house staff and operations.
- Sound leadership and direction in the pack house ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in pack house processes and documentation.
- Building and implementing best practice policies and principles.
- Develop and train a team of pack house staff.
- Ensuring high standards of health and safety practices.
- Ensuring compliance to all necessary industry quality assurance standards.
- Meeting all specifications as required by both local and export customers.
- Procure packaging according to customers specification.
- Facilitate implementation of information systems.
- Optimization of packhouse equipment and technologies.
- Report daily and weekly to producers and group management team.
- Liaise with exporter on daily and weekly packing requirements.
- Tertiary qualification, preferably Agricultural Diploma.
- Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing perishable pack houses.
- Must have excellent management experience.
- Must have proficient IT skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must have good numerical and planning skills.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets and deadlines.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends.
- Experience in HACCP, BRC, ISO and or other quality systems.
Salary offered: R60 000 per month (depending on experience).
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV to us if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.