Our Client in the Financial Industry in Stellenbosch, has a vacancy for a Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist (senior) - permanent and office based role.
Open to all ethnicities with a valid South African ID.
Role Description: The role requires the individual to structure and analyse data for the purpose of producing reports and to develop and implement suitable BI solutions, in collaboration with internal stakeholders within the Group of Companies.
The role reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Standardise data collection and interpretation within the Group
- Make recommendations towards application analysis and data modelling designs
- Generate reports and provide Management with recommendation on data analysis findings
- Create and maintain reporting and data structures to various Business Units
- Collaborate with Management and Business Unit heads on BI needs and solutions
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders for continuous improvement and automation initiatives
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies to optimise business and financial performance
- Create an internal awareness culture by providing guidance and direction on the use of data reporting, the application of BI systems and data collection processes
- Provide guidance to employees at all levels on how to make optimal use of data
- 5+ years working experience in the field of business intelligence and business analysis
- Knowledge in the technical aspects of business intelligence, including data modelling and data management
- Intermediate to advanced expertise in the Microsoft BI solutions offerings
- Formal university qualification, relevant technical qualification, BI or SQL qualifications will be an advantage
Job Required Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of the financial services field is an advantage
- Knowledge of semantic models / layers
- Knowledge of designing frameworks and data structures for reporting and analysis
- Proficient in the use of query and reporting analysis tools
- Intermediate VBA, Python or equivalent coding skills
- Advanced Power BI skills
- Advanced Excel skills (Up to date with latest developments)
- Intermediate M-Query (Power Query)
- Beginner Power Pivot
- Intermediate T-SQL
- Beginner/Intermediate Power Automate
- Intermediate SSIS (SQL Server integration services)
- Intermediate SSAS (SQL Server analysis services)
- Intermediate/Advanced DAX
- Intermediate knowledge of best practice and reporting database architecture
- Beginner/Intermediate SQL server administration skills (SSMS – SQL Server management services)
Specific Professional Competencies
- Strong business acumen and the understanding of consumer behaviour, trends, etc.
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Adhering to principles and values
- Planning and organizing
- Decision making and initiating action
- Formulating and editing
- Networking skills
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Adapting and responding to change
- Learning and researching
- Working with people
This is an office based role - please do not apply if you want to work from home (this is not negotiable).