Our client, a property management company, is looking to hire an Accounts Assistant in the Stellenbosch area.
- The successful candidate will be working with a team of Service Charge Account Managers, Credit Controllers, Accounts Administrators and Property Managers and will be reporting to the Head of Service Charge Accounts.
- The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in the property industry and have good knowledge of service charge accounting.
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments.
- Prepare trial balances.
- Prepare annual leasehold accounts and company accounts in accordance with ACCA and ICAEW guidelines.
- Liaison with external accountants and auditors when required to go through the auditing processes.
- Communicating with teams of property managers on a daily basis to ensure correct costs.
- Allocation and handling financial queries.
- Managing year end surplus / deficit charges onto lessee accounts.
- Bank accounts reconciliation.
- Sending out service charge and ground demands.
- Monitoring and corresponding with accounts payable / receivable regarding supplier invoices and incoming cheques.
- Monitor and manage unpaid supplier invoices previously held on the system due to no funds.
- Assist in Credit Controller in arrears chasing.
- Producing draft budgets for the period (including 10 Year Plan) and processing approved budgets.
- Suppliers invoices processing.
- Setting up new properties on the system and liaise with external managing agent regarding any requested information.
- Educated to a Degree level.
- Good knowledge of property accounting systems as well as advanced MS Excel and Word skills.
- Property accounting background.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Area: Stellenbosch area.
Working Hours: 09:00 to 18:00 Monday – Friday.
Salary range from R16 000 – R18 000 per month (depending on experience).
Contract – Permanent.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV to us if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.