General Employment - Other General Employment
- The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager is to achieve VCS and CCB verifications,
- Conduct pre-viability studies
- Oversee impact monitoring
- Oversee geospatial technology
- Data management and IT, and to keep the forefront of REDD+ methodological developments in Zambia and beyond.
- The position oversees teams dealing with remote sensing and GIS, forest monitoring, and impact monitoring.
- The position requires advanced remote sensing and GIS skills, as well as skills in data management, conducting field work in rural Africa, advanced
spreadsheet skills, excellent English writing skills, knowledge of REDD+ project methodologies.
- The position is based in Lusaka, Zambia. The main tasks will be managing verification processes, managing consultants and field teams, managing BCP’s database development, data systems and managing teams.
- This role has the exciting opportunity to lead BCP’s digital technology strategy.
- The position will require some travel to rural areas, mainly in Africa.
- The candidate is expected to be a manager, solid team player, with a growth and coaching mindset. Pre-viability analyses of potential new REDD+ project areas,
- Manage successful VCS and CCB verifications, including PD writing.
- Flawless English writing technical skills needed.
- RS/GIS: Advanced geo-spatial skills, ability to apply these skills to REDD+ methodologies, advanced spreadsheet management, and data management skills.
- Manage the plot sampling process to produce carbon inventory estimates,
- Managing dispersed teams.
- Train in carbon standards and ensuring project design follows standards and laws.
- Provide technical inputs to policy programs to help build the REDD+ framework in Africa.
- Lead consulting service.
- Oversee company impact monitoring team, data management, and reporting of impact.
- Oversee biodiversity monitoring data collection.
- Masters or PhD and 2 years professional experience.
- Advanced scientific report writing.
- Computer skills: Use of FOSS remote sensing and GIS software, such as Java Script for Google Earth Engine, R, Gdal, QGIS, GRASS, data collection tools such as Open Data Kit and CyberTracker, and GPS applications such as BackCountry Navigator.
- Knowledge of GHG mitigation Standards preferred: VCS REDD+ methodologies, the VCS standards and guidelines in general as well as other applicable UNFCCC guidelines such as the IPCC guidelines as well as relevant components of the CCB Standard.
- Project Management, people management and leadership skills.
Red Ember Recruitment