General Employment - Other General Employment
Purpose of the Job
- To develop and support the SAP BW data warehouse.
- Solution Development:
- Develop web and client based decision support solutions on the SAP BW platform, including reports, dashboards and data extracts.
- The primary responsibility of the BW FA is to design solutions that run off the SAP BW platform.
- This involves taking requirements from various inputs, and translating those into technical design documents.
- There is also an expectation that the BW FA will develop solutions where capacity allows.
- Creation of technical specs
- Quality Control / Peer review of solutions developed
- Proactive solution design for SAP BW system, not only responding to business requests
- Development of BW content
- Development of HANA content
- Development and implementation of high volume batch and/or real time data loads. Integration to various systems, both SAP and non-SAP
- Service Delivery:
- Support and maintain existing database and decision support systems including: Troubleshoot data and system related issues
- Identify problems and propose changes
- Liaise with technical and business users to resolve issues
- Design & implement changes to existing systems
- Design & implement new solutions
- Talent Development:
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
- 3yr Diploma/Degree or equivalent
- Relevant SAP BW / HANA certification (advantageous)
- 3-5 years experience in SAP BW on HANA or SAP BW/4HANA
- 5+ years experience in SAP BW in total
- 2+ years experience in native HANA views (combination of dataloads and reporting relevant calculation and/or script-based views)
Knowledge and Skills
- LSA++ design methodology
- End-to-End testing methods
- Performance tuning of BW and HANA objects
- Problem solving
- Performance tuning
- Organisational and time management skills
- Documentation skills
Datonomy Solutions (Pty) Ltd