Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced Refrigeration Service Manager to be based in the Northern Suburbs area.
To ensure the service department daily operations is carried out effectively and timely.
- Minimum N6 qualification and / Trade Test or relevant Engineering qualification.
- Refrigeration qualification.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- History in the refrigeration industry.
- Broad technical understanding.
- Staff management experience – managing the refrigeration team.
- Project management experience.
- Planning – scheduled service work, repairs, maintenance, and unscheduled call outs.
- Job numbers to be noted in call out book every day for each planned scope of works.
- All paperwork such as service reports etc. needs to be printed and ready the day before the work is to be issued.
- All current and future work is to be noted on the white board planner in the service department and the daily schedule is to be noted on the white board in workshop before close of business each day. Representing the work schedules for the following day and where possible the 3-week planner
- Receive previous days’ job cards, service reports, risk assessments and all related information from Technicians at 07h30.
- Address any issues / questions with Technicians and ensure all paperwork that is handed in, is completed, acceptable and to standard.
- Technicians / teams to leave workshop at 08h00.
- Address any urgent issues immediately and provide client feedback where applicable.
- Repair quotes to be submitted timeously (2- 3 working days).
- Service reports must be captured, and copy issued / emailed to client within reasonable time frame with all necessary recommendations and applicable repair quotes (4- 5 working days).
- Job cards to be processed daily.
- Acquire purchase orders where applicable.
- All new equipment sales requests to be forwarded to the sales department immediately with applicable information / feedback from Technicians.
- Opening up of jobs immediately once requested.
- It is required that the Service Manager makes contact with a minimum of 5 potential clients on a weekly basis. This is to be noted on the cold calling spreadsheet and updated accordingly.
- Update monthly forecasting when required.
- Ensure all communication between clients, employees and superiors is correct and true.
- Sending emails to clients each morning advising on Thermo-Chill’s presence on site and a brief description of the scope of works pertaining to the job.
- Update standby roster, communicate to Technicians of their standby dates.
- Update workshop duty roster when applicable.
- Carry out any accounting related works when required.
- All technicians to call in to Service Manager between 4pm and 4:30pm to advise on work progress and schedule accordingly. It will then be the Service Manager’s duty to inform other Department Managers / Directors of the reported progress and take instruction for scheduling when applicable. This is done on a daily basis.
- Provide feedback to relevant supervisor should Technicians or assistance fail to provide required information as list in the job description. This relates to employee’s failure to provide assessment report, job cards, risk assessment.
- It is required that the Service Manager is able to achieve an approximate turn over target of R 750,000.00 each month. This is set to increase or decrease as required by Directors.
- Failure to reach target will result in disciplinary action.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary offered: R18 000 - R25 000 per month - depending on experience.
Area: Northern Suburbs.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within weeks from the date of this advertisement.