The future of work is consulting. And as a management consulting company with 20 years’ experience in data and digital solutions, Datonomy is perfectly placed to catapult you onto the career path of your dreams. Our projects cover the full spectrum of data, therefore we can offer you access to the most interesting, innovative, and ground-breaking work currently being done.
Our goal is to positively impact One Billion People by 2030 – and we can only achieve this if our clients and our people collaborate on projects and solutions that will change the world.
Quality Assurance Specialist (BI Tester)
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring that deliveries and deployments from team are of the highest quality. Deliveries are to be critically assessed to ensure alignment to requirements and to identify as many bugs and mistakes as possible before the final product is deployed to production.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Delivery within agreed timeframes
- Understand business context and have working knowledge of reporting tools and deliveries.
- Review and analyse requirements/ specifications.
- Executes all types of testing – unit, system, integration, regression, usability, etc.
- Develops effective strategies and test plans.
- Executes test cases (manual or automated) and analyses results.
- Create logs to document and track testing phases, results, and defects.
- Reports bugs and errors to development teams
- Assists with root cause analysis, data analysis and problem solving.
- Conducts post-release/ post-implementation testing.
- Participates in design reviews and provides input on requirements and design.
- Personal effectiveness
- Collaborates effectively with team to meet deliveries.
- Takes ownership and accountability for assigned tasks.
- Results driven and attentive to detail.
- Communicates clearly and timeously.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ongoing change.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Aligns to ways of working and team culture.
- Knowledge and/or experience of working within Agile or similar project methodologies.
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or related fields
- Relevant analytical, data management and/or BI experience in Financial Services
- Testing/ quality assurance experience
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Pivot, TeamFoundationServer
- Advantageous: experience in Business Intelligence Reporting