PRIVATE EQUITY FUND ACCOUNTANT – Western Cape
R450 – R500K Per Annum Negotiable on Qualification and Experience
Our Client, Global Private Equity firm is currently expanding their Finance division.
Are you seeking to develop or expand on your career within the Private Equity Fund Management arena?
One would describe you as a highly analytical and creative problem solver who has a keen interest within the financial services arena, particularly managing multiple tasks in relation to Fund Accounts.
Main Purpose of the role:
Manage the relationship with the outsourced fund administrator, end to end co-ordination of fund activities (closings, draws, investment and distributions), reviewing fee calculations, finalizing calculation of net asset values, reviewing reports and finalising financial reports (including investor specific reports and financial statements), scheduling audits, compliance reports, and forecasting.
- Review fund closing workings and income calculations and manage debtors aging
- Determine investor allocation per project and manage drawdown process
- Prepare accounting note per project, review and finalise equity and loan schedules, interest calculations, settlements management and finalization of investment register
- Manage payment process and ensure timely settlement of payments, manage creditors aging
- Valuation interface between CFM and fund administrator and ensuring accurate reporting
- Review and finalise
- Sources and applications and recycled capital schedule per Fund
- NAV workings/distribution waterfall per Fund
- Capital account statement and ad hoc investor reports
- Review and finalization of reporting packs, annual financial statements, and governance reports and other management information
- Maintain Fund Model and gather inputs into assumptions to ensure efficient, accurate and timely budget and forecasting preparation and review
- Banking and treasury
- Ensure timely settlement of payments
- Prepare regular cash flow forecasting
- Timely and accurate response to management queries
- Reconciliation of sources and applications
- VAT/Corporate Tax compliance
- Keeping abreast of industry development/technologies
- Execution of ad hoc projects
Qualification, Skills and Experience required:
- Recently Qualified CA(SA) with 0-12 months post articles experience gained in the Financial Services / Investment / Asset Management / Fund Management arena
OR Relevant Finance Qualification with 2-3 years proven Fund Accounting experience gained
- Track record of academic excellence and achievements
- Highly proficient on MS Excel is essential
- Strong knowledge of complex accounting practices and principles (IFRS 9 ideally)
To apply for this vacancy, please forward a detailed copy of your CV via the link OR to Andrea Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com