Our client is a global developer, manufacturer, and producer of mineral additives for the Oil & Gas industry. Our client provides the petroleum refinery, and drilling fluids market with mineral additive based products containing the clay material bentonite, as well as other drilling MUD additives, lubricants, and fluids. Our client is rapidly growing, and seeks a highly talented individual to assume the role of Plant Manager at their manufacturing facility.
The plant Manager is responsible for the production and manufacturing of our clients many mineral additive products including; drilling fluids, lubricants, and additives derived from the clay material bentonite, and other drilling MUD materials. The Plant Manager will work closely with the R&D Product Development Manager, and Quality Assurance Manager in the development and production of our clients many products based on the clay material bentonite.
The Plant Manager is responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations including: production, quality control, maintenance, receiving, and shipping. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep and capital improvements. In addition the Plant Manager will be responsible for:
- Annual budget planning and execution.
- Providing leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Working closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Reviewing established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Coordinating the hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel.o Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Working closely with the Environmental Health and Safety Manager to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
- Maintaining inventory levels and control flow of product from our subsidiaries.o Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including all timely communication initiatives.
- Developing and executing the plant manufacturing budgets.
- Analyzing workforce requirements.
- Conducting performance appraisals and providing coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
- Encouraging and promoting, operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Removing production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
- Removing waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Communicating with research and development as well as product management personnel to develop new product strategies.
- Working with purchasing manager to develop and improve supplier relationships.
- Creating purchase orders for Purchasing Manager to place orders.
- Must have experience manufacturing mineral additives, drilling fluids, drilling MUD, and other related products in the Oil & Gas and petroleum refineries