Position: Financial Officer (Contract, Salary: Market related)
Industry: Leisure and Tourism/Hospitality
Are you a an experienced AND qualified accounting practitioner? An exciting position in the heart of the Lowveld exist where you will perform operational duties related to financial accounting and administration. You will be working in the tourism and hospitality industry for an established lodge with conferencing and restaurant functionality.
- Debtors & Creditors function
- Review accuracy, validity, and classification of captured transactions and bank payments.
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders
- Data capturing and reporting to support company's purpose and vission
- Monthly and Annual preparation of returns including VAT201 and COIDA.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, reconciliations, and processing of journals, including support functions such as month end procedures.
- Payroll and related HR functions
- Implementation and adherence to financial controls in order to mitigate business risk.
- Assists with annual audit process (reconciliations, submissions of documents, etc) in conjunction with the appointed auditors, to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required deadlines.
- Preparation of annual financial statements for review of financial manager
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant accounting qualification (NQF5) essential
- Accounting qualification (NQF 6-7) preferred.
- Three years experience in a medium sized business
- Computer literate with basic MS Office – especially excel, and Pastel
- Knowledge of financial legislation and statutory requirements
- Good in analysis and problem solving
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Professional, and ethical conduct at all time
- Calm and somewhat accommodating, and able to work with various stakeholders at different levels.
- Somewhat flexible and able to work under pressure
Please include motivation letter, detailed cv, and support documentation with application. The client reserves the right to withdraw the position without Groupworx consent.