General Employment - Other General Employment
- Oversee and manage the implementation of maintenance and preventative maintenance programmes.
- Conduct inspections to assess the quality of work.
- Oversee that employees receive the relevant training and have the adequate qualifications to meet objectives.
- Oversee high peak production periods.
- Ensures equipment and machinery compliance with production procedures and processes specifications related to mechanical, machinery, instrumental & electrical, or civil works.
- Ensures plant operates cost-effectively with minimum downtime.
- Maintain in-season and off-season equipment.
- Oversee root cause analysis and fault finding and ensure corrective actions are in place.
- Oversee improvement projects for future planning.
- Oversee and manage engineering stores.
- Enforce adherence to good manufacturing principles in line with standard operating procedures.
- Manage capital expenditure and lead projects across the business.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve engineering services, performance, and operational efficiency.
- Manage budgets and monitor expenses ensuring expenditure is within the budget.
- Continuously strive to save costs.
- Provide leadership to the team, defining objectives to be achieved by the department.
- Deploy people management processes – workforce planning, recruitment & selection, learning, and development, performance.
- management, career and succession planning, and employee relations, effectively, in line with organisational policies, procedures, and prevailing improvement initiatives.
- Manage the working environment and ensure it contributes to improving staff morale and increasing productivity.
- Design and review operation’s organisational structure to support operational plans and strategy, in collaboration with HR.
- Keep up to date with legislative changes in relation to food safety and processing methods.
- Ensure insurance requirements are met regarding machinery and equipment.
- Keep up to date with environmental laws (safety, health, and environment) and implement changes arising.
- Enforce safety practices by ensuring adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering /Advanced Diploma in Engineering/NQF level 7.
- Government Certificate of Competency.
- 10 years’ Operations Management experience in FMCG environment.
- Professionally qualified and experienced specialists.