COUNTRY MANAGER (Property Management) – Gaborone, BOTSWANA
Competitive Package on Offer!
Our client, a Listed Property Investment and Development concern whose operations are spread across Botswana is currently in search of a skills and talented Country Manager to join their dynamic team of professionals! The role requires collaborative working with a decentralised operations and centralised finance team as well as property and asset management team.
The primary role of a Country Manager (CM) will be to assist the CEO in strategic planning and risk management by overseeing the operations controlled by the Group in
the country (Botswana).
One would describe you as an individual who demonstrates strong communication, organizational and negotiation skills. You are a self-motivated self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision and possess the ability to assemble, manage, mentor and lead teams.
Be responsible for overseeing business operations, developing new business and ensuring the profitability of the Group:
Key Roles are split into two elements:
1. Operations management and staff development
2. Process improvements and systems implementation
- Assisting the CEO in enforcing and establishing the company values, and setting a cultural tone of honesty, integrity and transparency.
- Continually assess company progress, revenue generating successes and compile action reports. Key reports will be regarding variance to budgets analysis (P&L Responsibility), rental/revenue growth or declines, new business leads and regulatory compliance.
- Staff selection, training development, scheduling and ongoing professional development of the employees.
- Implement Brand Strategies and participation to Group Strategies
- Maximising rental income and reducing vacancies of the rental enterprises.
- Installing and maintaining adequate controls to ensure that costs/budgets are kept within the estimated figures and that progress of the developments is up to schedule and quality up to agreed standards, and for taking remedial action where necessary.
- Safeguarding the legal position and good standing of the Group companies under all reasonable conditions.
- Maintaining an organisation capable of undertaking the operations as required.
- Obtaining the necessary contacts to maintain the level of revenue, in accordance with the agreed strategy, and bringing to the attention of the CEO information with regard to other projects/investments, which might be of interest to the Company and/or associate Companies.
- Maximising the revenue of the operating companies through the respective COO and the Group COO’s.
- Ensuring, through the Group CFO and Senior Accounting Manager, that the Accounts of the Group companies in Botswana are prepared in compliance with the standard accounting methods and comply with corporate governance requirements.
- Ensuring proper operating of the Banking Account of the Company in Botswana.
- Ensuring that all debts incurred by the Company are properly discharged.
- Ensuring through the through the Group CFO, that the Company is adequately covered in all respects by appropriate insurances.
- Recommending to the CEO the redevelopment or new developments, purchasing or leasing of land, buildings, and accommodation as may be required for the Company’s operation.
- For the authorisation of capital expenditure up to Pula 25,000 at any one time, and up to a total of not more than P500,000 per annum, and for obtaining covering sanction from the CEO as soon as possible thereafter.
- The Board(s) prior sanction, through the CEO, must be obtained for all sums in excess of these limits, the application for which must have been agreed by the Board(s) of the individual Group Companies.
- Ensuring that adequate arrangements are made for the safe custody of all assets belonging to the Company.
- Ensuring that all purchases made on behalf of the Company are satisfactory in quality and at the most economical rates.
- Recruitment, appointment, rates of pay and dismissal of all staff with the assistance of the Human Resources Manager.
- The proposal of the remuneration of staff to the CEO and seeking prior approval from the CEO for any increases in the salary scales laid down.
- Organising and supervising suitable training programmes for administrative and operations staff.
- Ensuring the submission of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
Process and improvement and systems implementation
A variety of projects exist that require the input and knowledge of the CM role would include but is not limited to:
- Developing Management reports and improving them.
- Optimizing group structures within the operations.
- Developing and implementing improved control over the property management functions.
- Process improvement within existing accounting and property management software to unlock efficiencies and increase capacity within the team
Qualification, Skills and Experience required:
- Relevant Business | Property Management or Related Degree
- 10 – 15 Years relevant management experience gained ideally within the property management | property development | hospitality operations | related arena
- Knowledge of understanding of the country’s local politics and culture would be highly advantageous!
- Solid leadership and management reporting expertise required
- Proven financial and business acumen
To apply for this vacancy please forward a detailed copy of your CV with a “motivation summary” to Andrea Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com and Nicole Spamers: firstname.lastname@example.org