Oceana Group Limited seeks to employ an ambitious and energetic Communication Specialist to join a dynamic Communications team. The position will be responsible for managing the internal communications and digital marketing functions. The successful incumbent will also be involved in various communication projects that will promote a positive public image of the company. This role will provide support and report directly to the Communications Manager. This position is based at the Oceana Group Head Office in Foreshore, Cape Town.
- Implement the internal communications strategy in conjunction with the Communications Manager
- Manage campaigns in full and on time with the guidance of the Communications Manager
- Drive consistent internal communication that informs, engages and inspires employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, including emailers, screen advertising, the intranet and the bi-annual Tidings magazine
- Maintain relationships with divisional representatives, keep them updated and manage questions
- Manage corporate identity guidelines across the group
- Develop monthly content plans for social media management: posting, monitoring and responding to the community online
- Create monthly content plans for the group’s social media pages
- Work closely with divisions to find and showcase the best group stories
- Manage all internal and external online platforms (website & intranet)
- Monthly reporting
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Journalism, Communications, Public relations, Marketing or equivalent.
- Experience in project management and delivering successful projects will be advantageous.
- At least 3 – 5 years working experience (in a similar role) in a corporate environment
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills and the journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- Strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with communications and HR departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Creative ability to devise communication strategies.
- Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, digital and video means of communication is essential.
- Good understanding of digital marketing principles and content creation.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, CRM tools, Online analytics and social media management.
In support of the company’s Employment Equity Plan, applicants from designated groups will be given preference for this position.
Interested parties meeting the above criteria are requested to apply with a brief CV to Oceana Careers, subsequent to a discussion with their Line Manager.
Closing date for applications: 7 June 2021
If you are not contacted within two weeks of closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful