Red Ember Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Senior BI (business intelligence) Developer.
The BI Senior Developer will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of processes that populate the enterprise data warehouse using Microsoft’s BI stack, as well as dimensional modeling techniques, to provide meaningful information and analytics.
The BI Senior Developer will work closely with the BI Architect to ensure that the technical implementation aligns with the business requirements.
The BI Senior Developer will supervise BI Analyst(s) and perform regular technical reviews.
This role will include the support of BI solutions, business analysis, data modeling, enterprise data warehouse design, SQL stored procedures, SSIS package creation, SSAS cube creation, SSRS report generation, Power BI report generation and the ongoing maintenance and documentation of these solutions as and when required.
- Design, develop, and support data integration solutions using the SSIS framework that leverages standards and best practices (package configurations, template packages, logging etc.)
- Design, develop, and support T-SQL stored procedures, user-defined functions, views and DDL and DML.
- Design ETL processes and perform ad-hoc data analysis.
- Design, develop, and support multi-dimensional and tabular cubes as well as MDX and DAX scripting.
- Design, develop, and support dashboards, KPIs, and reports.
- Analyse business and technical requirements, as well as data warehouse dimensional models to understand detailed data management requirements.
- Adhere to source control and deployment standards and procedures utilised by the BI and Software development teams. Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders to identify key business requirements to enable enterprise business intelligence
- Design and document BI architecture
- Work with the business and BI Architect to determine business readiness for the next BI product and work together to decide on an approach to get there
- Cross-train team members
- Estimate development time and report on project progress delivering against agreed milestones
- Leads and conducts prototyping and proof of concept activities
- Facilitate and plan for User Acceptance Testing
- Develop deployment plans & procedures to ensure smooth delivery of solutions Operational Management
- Monitor the performance of the BI environment
- Perform diagnostics (Execution plan analyzing) and troubleshooting in response to user requests, automated systems notifications, and monitoring intra daily ETL processes.
- Working closely with our database administrators and software release team to resolve issues timeously.