Our Client, a well-established property firm is currently in the process of hiring an Assistant to the Director/Estate Agent to work for their office in Cape Town. This is an amazing position for someone to learn the real estate market from the principal of the agency and be their right-hand person. Please see below duties for the Director/Estate Agent assistant role:
NB: Please note that this is not a Secretary/PA role, but a Sales (Estate Agent) that will be reporting to the Director.
- Phone potential property owners interested in selling their properties, qualify them over the phone with a series of questions to establish how serious they are about selling their property e.g. What is the reason for selling your property? What time frame do you need the property sold in? What price are you wanting to sell the property for? etc.
- Pull property valuation reports (training given) and links of similar online properties and email to the estate agent in order for them to complete an accurate property valuation.
- To distribute any hard copy marketing material given to “the employee” by “the employer” in order to source properties to be listed by “the employer” (e.g. By distributing flyers, putting up sign boards, handing out business cards etc.)
- Arrange for Sellers to sign Mandate documents
- Arrange for marketing pictures to be taken of properties.
- Inspect the property and fill in property report
- Phone sellers and gather all information on the property in order to sell the property e.g.: tenants’ details, rental agents’ details, current lease agreements, levies, rates, etc.
Selling properties to potential interested buyers:
- Phone interested buyer leads and ascertain whether they are financially able to purchase the property. Ask question such as: Do you require a bond from the bank to purchase the property? will you be putting down a cash deposit ad if so how much will the deposit be?
- Phone interested buyer leads and provide them with any information they may need regarding the property they enquire on.
- Arrange convenient property viewing times for both buyer and tenant/owner.
- Attend and conduct professional property inspections/viewings with potential purchasers ( This is generally done by the agent but if the agent is not available the assistant may attend viewings on behalf of the agent)
- Follow up on documentation from buyers e.g. offer to purchase documents
Assist with the transfer of the property
- Instruct attorneys to start transfer the property and send required documentation
- Arrange inspections/quotes for electrical, plumbing and beetle inspections and certificates. Arrange access to the properties for the electrician and plumbers in order to give quotes and conduct any work needed on the property
- Assist attorneys to make sure the transfer process runs smoothly
Handing over of sold properties to the buyer
- Inspecting the property for handover process
- Make sure all keys, tags, codes etc. are handed over to the purchaser
- Assist with any issues relating to the handover such as cleaning or repairs needed
- Assisting current tenants/owner vacating the property as per agreement
- Assisting buyer with moving into the property as per agreed occupation date
Training on the company’s online systems
- Assist new agents with online training (Once the employee has learnt the systems themselves)
Assisting Director where necessary:
- Completing all tasks, projects and errands that are instructed by the Director
- 1 years’ sales experience ideally Real Estate industry
- Excellent time management
- Strong negotiating skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Word
- Passionate about property sales
- Must have own vehicle is essential as you will be driving to appointments and running errands
- Valid driver’s license essential
- The candidate will need a reliable car as this is an office based and on the road role. The candidate will be required to work some evenings and weekends in order to complete buyer viewings and seller property valuations which generally happen after working hours as that’s when most buyers/sellers are available
- Should the employee work after hours or weekends those hours will be deducted from their 830am to 5pm Monday to Friday work hrs. eg. The employee completed a buyer viewing between 5pm and 6pm Monday, they can have an hour off and come into the office 9:30am the next day or leave an hour early 4pm
- Previous real estate experience is essential
- Grade 12 qualification
- Clear credit record
- Clear criminal record
Salary, allowances and commission:
- R7000 basic salary including travel allowance
- Potential of R10 000 to R20 000 (average range) commission on successful property sales
What to include:
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter
- Supporting documents (ID copy, qualification copies, etc.)
We regret that we cannot contact all candidates regarding the status of their application. Should you not receive a response to your application within 30 days kindly note that your application should be deemed as unsuccessful.