To assist the Supply Chain Manager with the execution of the supply chain management functions.
Key Performance Areas:
- Consolidate the annual procurement plan for review and approval.
- Manage the approved annual procurement plan and ensure achievement of the plan.
- Assist SCM Manager in maintaining/improving procurement policies and procedures in line with relevant legislation (e.g. PFMA, BBBEE, environment and sustainability etc.) in the key areas of demand management and acquisition.
- Implement and entrench simplified processes and standard documentation, e.g. for tendering and general procurement.
- Develops and manage short term delivery plans, considers impact of decisions and report on implementation.
- Considers precedents, standard practices, policies and procedures during decision making but also be able to make innovative plans in consultation with the SCM manager to assist and advise business.
- Execute complex SCM functions including bids and deviations, within the team and as an individual.
- Provide secretariat services to the BAC committee.
- Assist in drafting and maintaining SCM policies, processes and systems and improve alignment with related function processes and systems.
- Optimise the utilization of allocated resources.
- Control specific cost variables to meet established targets.
- Build and maintain relationships with end-users from departments and business units.
- Manage the full acquisition process, including RFQ, RFB and RFI processes.
- Manage the inventory(stationery) management system.
- Assist the SCM Manager to ensure full compliance to the supply chain management requirements in terms of PPFA, BBBEE, policies, PFMA and related treasury regulations
- Provide input into the drafting of the departmental budget
- Provide support to the finance and supply chain management teams
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
- Produce relevant reports including SCM statistics
- Manage the SCM staff in terms of day to day procurement and standard SCM operations.
- Develop, Coaches and counsels section staff to ensure that the section has the capacity and capability to carry out processing functions (acquisition, disposal, logistics, etc)
- Provides section team with technical guidance
- Provide guidance to the SCM team on complex SCM matters
- Prioritise and allocation of work to the team
- Actively manage the performance of staff
- Report on team progress against set objectives and standards
Governance, Risk Management, Compliance and Information/Knowledge Management:
- Ensures compliance with codes of conduct, policies, procedures, and legislative requirements
Education, Skills, and Experience required:
- Relevant degree in Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a supply chain management environment
- Minimum 3 years in a management role in the public sector
- Extensive public sector experience/knowledge
- Project management skills an added benefit
- Proficient in knowledge and understanding of PFMA and regulations
- Proficient in understanding relevant legislative requirements (e.g. BBBEE, PPPFA)
- MS Office proficiency
- Proficient in understanding supply chain systems
- Proficient in procurement principles and practices
In line with the organisation's employment equity plan, Coloured, Indian and disabled people are targeted.