Our client, an innovative group of Accountants / Financial Managers, is looking for a Tax Accountant / Tax Administrator to join their tax team.
High-level Job Spec:
Responsible for tax department administration and compliance.
Report to Tax Manager, Directors or any such person designated by the Tax Manager or Directors in order to fulfil the duties and responsibilities required by the department.
- Professional Tax Designation (e.g. SAIT, SAIBA, CIMA, SAIPA etc.) is preferred.
- Relevant Tax Commerce Degree / Certificate / Diploma.
- Prior practical general- & tax administration is required.
- Prior practical IT systems experience is required.
Experience required and brief summary of duties to perform and manage where applicable:
- Liaise with internal staff and external clients regarding (in English and Afrikaans), for example:
- Information required to complete returns / projects.
- Tax related queries.
- Returns and other compliance related matters due.
- Objections and appeals.
- Payments due (amounts, release dates etc.).
- Systems and Information Technology:
- Maintain general- & tax systems and procedures as required for individual to fulfil overall responsibility objective of tax- administrator/ accountant.
- Excel and related MS office programmes.
- SARS e-Filing.
- Greatsoft (preferred).
- Any systems determined by the Tax Manager / Directors as necessary for the department to function optimally.
- Capability to learn new systems and software are required.
- Registrations / Applications:
- Payroll taxes.
- Value Added Tax.
- Income Tax.
- Tax Directives.
- Tax Clearance Certificates.
- Basic Tax Calculation Administration / Preparation (e.g. preparation of lead-sheets and collation of information for calculation), including but not limited to – companies, trusts, individuals:
- Normal income tax.
- Dividends Withholding Tax.
- Value Added Tax.
- Payroll Tax (PAYE, UIF, SDL).
- Capital Gains Tax.
- Provisional Tax.
- Complete and submit tax returns (including but not limited to):
- Dividends Tax.
- Donations Tax.
- Manage and communicate deadlines (internally and externally).
- Any further duties that our client may require the Tax- Administrator/ Accountant to perform on an ad hoc basis related to his / her employment.
Core Company Values:
- Servant Heart.
- Team Player.
- Growth Mindset.
Individual Role Aptitudes:
- Takes initiative.
- Willingness to implement / adapt / standardise systems and processes.
- Communication skills.
Opportunity to grow within organisation:
- Willingness to grow, upskill and expand work scope to become Assistant Tax Manager.
This is a full-day position.
Area: Somerset West and surrounds.
Salary: R17 000 - R20 000 per month - negotiable.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks' time, please consider your application unsuccessful.