Our client is based in Somerset West and consults in soil management and fruit production, through ethical and sustainable solutions.
They see the software side of their business as a core strategic asset and need someone to establish tech development skills in-house.
Our client is looking to appoint a Software Developer to support the clients’ data App with further developments and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or a related field
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Development of server-side code.
- Design and development of front-end.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Integration of data storage solutions on MySQL, InfluxDB, and MongoDB.
- Integration with external systems such as JourneyApps.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Bilingual (Writing and speaking, English prerequisite).
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of Django.
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python.
- Understanding of asynchronous programming and celery
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Understanding of Scrum Experience in working with:
- AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, and ELB.
- InfluxDB and Grafana.
- Responsible for deployment.
- A background in ESRI Software.
- A background in geography or agriculture.
Salary offered: Market related.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.