Our client, an innovative group of Accountants / Financial Managers, is looking for a Senior Administrator to join their tax team.
Will be responsible for Tax Department administration.
Will report to the Tax Manager, Directors or any such person designated by the Tax Manager or Directors in order to fulfil the duties and responsibilities required by the department.
- Prior practical administration and IT systems experience is required.
- At least 5 years plus work experience as an Administrator.
- Professional Tax Designation (e.g., SAIT) will be taken into account, but is not required.
Experience required and brief summary of duties to perform and manage where applicable:
- Liaise with internal staff and external clients regarding (in English and Afrikaans), for example:
- Information required to complete returns / projects.
- Tax related queries.
- Returns and other compliance related matters due.
- Objections and appeals.
- Payments due (amounts, release dates etc.).
- Manage and communicate deadlines (internally and externally).
- Systems and Information Technology
- Maintain systems and procedures as required for individual to fulfil overall responsibility objective of Tax Administrator.
- Excel and related MS office programmes.
- SARS e-Filing (preferred but can be taught).
- Any systems determined by the Tax Manager / Directors as necessary for the department to function optimally.
- Capability to learn new systems is required.
Additional experience that will be taken into considered, but not required:
- Administration pertaining to Registrations / Applications (e.g., preparation of registration packs).
- Payroll taxes.
- Value Added Tax.
- Income Tax.
- Tax Directives.
- Tax Clearance Certificates.
- Basic Tax Calculation Administration / Preparation (e.g., preparation of lead-sheets and collation of information for calculation), including but not limited to – companies, trusts, individuals.
- Normal income tax.
- Dividends Withholding Tax.
- Value Added Tax.
- Payroll Tax (PAYE, UIF, SDL).
- Capital Gains Tax.
- Provisional Tax.
Any further duties that our client may require the Tax Administrator to perform on an ad hoc basis related to his / her employment.
Core Company Values:
- Servant Heart.
- Team Player.
- Growth Mindset.
Individual Role Aptitudes:
- Takes initiative.
- Willingness to implement / adapt / standardise systems and processes.
- Communication skills.
This is a full-day position.
Area: Somerset West and surrounds.
Salary: R15 000 per month - negotiable.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks' time, please consider your application unsuccessful.