Our Client in Somerset West, Boland of Cape Town, has a permanent role available for an Executive Manager: Product Development 40mm, Fuzes and Safety and Arming Devices. This falls within the Product Development division. This role will report into the General Manager: Product Development.
This role is open to South African citizens with a valid SA ID.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for leading the group tasked with the development of 40mm Ammunition, new fuzes for ammunition and safety and arming devices for missiles as well as technical support to production and marketing.
Key Performance Areas:
- Leads the technical group responsible for development of 40mm Ammunition, fuzes for ammunition and safety and arming devices for rocket motors and warheads.
- Strengthen and develop the mechanical and electronic technical knowhow and capabilities to support future fuze and ammunition strategies.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of product strategies for the various product portfolios with regard to fuzes for these product portfolios
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the 40mm product strategy.
- Plan and manage the allocation of manpower and budgets in the group to ensure effective execution of projects and optimum use of available people.
- Take final responsibility for the Technical Performance of development projects being executed in the Group.
- Conduct and execute succession planning in such a way that Critical Skills are timely identified and successors are appointed and mentored to ensure continuity in core capability.
- Execute line management functions (Budgeting, Performance Management, succession planning, etc.)
- Provide support for marketers during marketing campaigns, proposal preparation and customer technical complaints
- Provide technical support to production or Quality during production and investigations.
- BSc/BEng/BTech in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering - compulsory (a Diploma is not accepted).
- Minimum 5 years experience in the development process of ammunition items or mechanical and electronic items for the defense industry; however, 8 to 10 years experience are preferred.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills to interact with local and international contacts.
- Good communication, planning and organizing skills.
- Experience in line management functions preferable
- Strong computer skills
- The role calls for a highly energetic, self-driven, independent, self-motivated person with excellent problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Candidates must possess high levels of integrity together with strong self-leadership and team leadership abilities.