Our Client a Global Tech firm is seeking a UI Designer to join their team in Sandton on a contract basis for 6 to 12 months. They offer stability, growth, competitive rates and a great working environment.
We are currently looking for 1 UI Designer who will be paired up with UX designers and assigned to a feature team which is responsible for a certain part of the system. The UX designer will craft the flows and wireframes whilst the UI designer applies the banks design system principles. The UX/UI team is highly flexible with cross skilled division of labour across multiple design disciplines including UX copywriting, prototyping, screen design, component design and user testing. The UI design capability is a critical part of the success of the SA migration event and the UI designer will be at the forefront of the system’s usability and user adoption. The job will provide the opportunity to be a part of one the bank’s most valuable platforms as well as be a part of the banks extensive design community.
Responsibilities of the UI Designer include:
- Ability to collaborate closely with developers, product owners, scrum masters and UX designers.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. colour theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes
- Able to assist with keeping the design Sketch library updated and liaise directly with the developers to ensure that the design community and developers are always aligned.
- Publish and organise Zeplin boards for development consumption and to communicate changes within your team
- Foster new design ideas and drive those ideas from business buy-in all the way through to development and user adoption.
- Three or more years of experience and proven track record working with software design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Zeplin and InVision
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Being able to work with a bank design language and to communicate concerns and enhancements with the design community.
- Be able to strengthen the design team by working closely with the other designers in order to advise respective UX designers on what is possible within the current components library and what would require additional work in terms component enhancements.
- Assist UX designers with proper implementation of UI design to their proposed wireframes.
- UX design knowledge.
- Experience with web UI design.
- Experience in banking or financial institutions advantageous.
- Basic component behaviour knowledge and the ability to enhance or design new common components working with a team of developers and the team.
- Getting all work signed off by product owners and properly vetted with business analysts, developers and other designers.
- Facilitate design compromises between business, design and developers
- Conduct design reviews of components and work during the development process.
- Assist with user story grooming and reviews to ensure that user stories are properly written and consumed by developers.
- Involvement in all ceremonies such as demos, planning and stand-ups.
- A flexible team player.