PBT Group has an opportunity for a Test Analyst to manage and support the assigned Business Technology team to ensure that delivery is aligned to business requirements and that best fit and sustainable solutions are applied.
The Test Analyst would be required to support and enable quality solutions by ensuring that testing is effectively planned, monitored, and executed, and that core activities required by the testing framework are completed.
- Engage with the macro-environment to look for new opportunities, capabilities and trends that would add value to the required quality/test analysis work.
- Suggest changes in executing work processes to better drive value and benefits for the business.
- Prepare and share recommendations for process and systems improvements across the function.
- Actively participate in team, cross-discipline and vendor-driven collaboration sessions or forums to increase understanding of the working environment (current and planned).
- Partner with BT and Business stakeholders to create integrated roadmaps to enable business requirements delivery.
- Provide relevant information to inform the accurate scoping of a project/ programme. This includes pro-active engagement with relevant teams to ensure that solution delivery meets business needs.
- Use quality management models and techniques to identify areas for improvement within the area.
- Determine corrective action to reduce errors and improve the quality of the system and services provided to business.
- Draft and maintain relevant test plans.
- Monitor progress against plans and effect mitigation actions.
- Evaluate emerging defects and recommend solutions.
- Ensure compliance to governance processes.
- Design relevant test scripts/ test cases to best determine system readiness and usability.
- Develop exit and entry criteria based on the consolidation of all test requirements.
- Draft and maintain user acceptance testing (UAT) and training plans.
Skills and & Experience Required:
In depth knowledge of:
- Relevant product/applications/service
- Test methodologies including quality assurance
- Documentation and requirement gathering
- Agile/DevOps principles and applications
- Bespoke BU/FA knowledge
- Systemic and integrated approach to testing so that up-stream and down-stream impacts are considered.
- Testing automation (preferred)
- Analysis and Attention to Detail - ability to be systematic and rule orientated in gathering, reviewing and evaluating data from a variety of perspectives; includes the ability to work with precision and highlight inconsistencies and inaccuracies in detailed information.
- Big Picture Thinking - ability to integrate information from a variety of sources, discern complex underlying relationships and predict patterns for future growth.
- Drive and Results Orientation - self-starter and originator who maintains high levels of activity and produces a consistently high-quality output within agreed deadlines. Prompt and proactive in driving for results and sets demanding goals for self and others.
- Problem Solving – cuts to the core of issues and applies effective analysis, logic and creativity to identify and implement solutions.
- Customer Service Orientation - anticipates, recognises and meets the needs of internal and external clients or customers (however these are defined in the role), taking responsibility for maintaining the highest service standards and developing and sustaining productive client relationships.
- Building Relationships - capacity to put people at ease and build sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness.
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent
- Relevant certification