Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: (EMEA Finance Manager), (Finance Director)
Our client’s business has scaled quickly as we’ve looked to realise our goal of emerging as the leading private provider of COVID testing within the UK. This will be made possible by our fantastic team of people and the tenacious and determined attitudes which they, and you will bring to work at the start of each new week.
The financial controller will be a key member of the EMEA finance team, taking ownership for financial management of this new acquisition at a time when it expands its trading capabilities. The ideal candidate would be a capable, self-starter who can get the job done.
KEY JOB DESCRIPTION:
- To take ownership of accounting of this new strategic business acquisition, including consideration of intercompany transactions and stock movements and to deliver monthly management reporting.
- To take control of finance matters within this entity and ensure various systems can process transactions and produce current and reliable financial data.
- Involvement in financial planning & analysis and other ad hoc requirements.
- Based in Sandton and reporting into the EMEA region.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with over 2 years post qualified experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong technical understanding of accounting issues
- Good communication skills with all levels of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Hard working, keen to take charge and get the job done.
- Experience of working in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment is an advantage.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Xero and experience of stock management.
- Take ownership for single company accounts and ensure alignment with group accounting policies.
- Preparation of monthly management information including accruals, prepayments, stock, intercompany balances and fixed assets.
- Take control of cash management.
- To produce project profit analysis and liaise with project leaders to understand costs and recommend actions.
- Proactively review current procedures and internal control, and improve internal processes to ensure timely, accurate and efficient financial closing and international compliance.
- Provide support during routine external audits
- Ad-hoc projects including involvement in implementing changes in response to new business developments and evaluating existing investments and potential opportunities.
- Enjoy the journey with our clients business and to make a positive impact.