PBT Group requires an intermediate to senior Data Analyst who has Data Cataloguing skills.
- Analyse business requirements from documents and end-user discussions.
- Identify and define the data requirements necessary to support business requirements or integrated application and subject areas.
- Identify and define the security requirements necessary to protect the data items.
- Identify and define the business rules associated with the data; these should include all data integrity / constraint requirements.
- Identify and perform detailed analysis of all data sources for each application and subject area.
- Perform data profiling of data contained in source systems.
- Provide detailed analysis of all data implemented into the database.
- Provide the data mapping and associated transformation rules for each data item.
- Ensure that the business requirements and subsequent development activities are supported by accurate information.
- Support and maintain the project data models at multiple levels of detail and functionality (conceptual, logical, normalised, relational, dimensional, application-level, subject-level, integrated, etc.).
- Assist Data Modelers to draw up detailed data models.
- Assist ETL Analysts to draw up data cleansing specifications.
- Present data quality anomalies and problem areas to business users and source system owners.
- Validate data models against the business- and data requirements.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, integrity and conformity to standards of all models.
- Provide accurate metadata, which allows full understanding of the project data components.
- Coordinate and synchronise data models with process and technical models.
- Identify data and data model inconsistencies and conflicts and assist the users in their resolution.
- Transition information and assist the DBA’s with physical implementation of the data models.
- Transition information and assist develops with the data mapping and transformation and provide additional data analysis as required during the development phase.
- Communicate project data-related information to Architects, DBA’s, Developers and Users.
- Work with modeling tools and data repository to maintain project deliverables.
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Analysis
- Data Cataloguing experience
- Experience in building Conceptual Data Models
- Ability to use SQL to query data in RDBMS
- Analysis source systems data and testing the Conceptual Data Models
- Experience in testing data, auditing data techniques a plus
- Experience in Data migration projects
- Experience in NoSQL environments would be an advantage
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
- Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- 5+ years programming experience.