We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team. This is a 12 month contract position based in Rustenburg.
5 Years of Quantity Surveying experience in Mining and Process Plant Environment.
- Minimum B.Eng. or B.Sc. /B.Sc. Hons/M.Sc. degree specialising in Quantity Surveying with a strong academic profile.
- Must be Registered as a PrQS with the Association of South African Quantity Surveyors (ASAQS)
- Provide advice on contractual claims and manage variations (including claims for extensions of time).
- Value completed work and issue payment orders, less any retention.
- Produce periodic detailed project progress reports and analyse project outcomes relative to project plan including cost reports, cash flow reports and variation orders
- Undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance work.
- Attend tender briefing meetings.
- Comply with internal policies, procedures, systems, and controls.
- Perform other general estimating or QS functions
- Proficiency in use of automated QS tools and software including WinQS
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of building regulations including relevant legislation, regulations, and ordinances governing property.
- Firm understanding of building / engineering contracts including the FIDIC suite of contracts and their application ideally with commercial / industrial experience.
- Extensive knowledge in Standard Systems of measurements.