Senior Accountant / Assistant Financial Manager - Alton Richards Bay
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with senior management to develop financial strategies for the organization. You are comfortable handling large amounts of data, acting as a business partner, leading a small team, decision maker, and providing regular financial reporting.
- Financial accounting and controls in the finance department.
- Prepare budgets (Opex and Capex) annually.
- Prepare forecasts and financial reports (Manacs) for management monthly and do variance
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Prepare information for Directors, project updates and other ad hoc financial reporting information.
- Management of procurement and liaison with service providers relating to the finance department.
- Advise on and review of finance-related matters (distributions, cash flows, finance issues, technical issues).
- Work closely with the Project and Operations Managers to ensure that required financial
- information is supplied to the teams, and to obtain relevant project information that will impact
- financial status of the projects and company.
- Institute project profitability reporting procedures.
- Work closely with the Project and Operations Managers of the company to ensure that the
- information required from sub-contractors and clients is obtained in a timely manner and meets the
- necessary requirements.
- Compliance with tax, legislative and statutory requirements.
- Oversight and control of monthly payments to all suppliers and service providers.
- Source and manage accounting systems, reporting systems, online banking systems and
- Establish appropriate policies and procedures to ensure that the reporting systems are fit for purpose and are being utilised effectively.
- Understand the Client and Service Provider Contracts that have been negotiated and ensure
- payments in line with agreed terms and conditions.
- Ensure that the information required to prepare the reports is obtained in a timely manner and meets the necessary requirements.
- Manage all finance department deliverables, monitor employee productivity and provide
- constructive feedback and coaching.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance or related field 5 - 7 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Afrikaans speaking is advantageous