Implement relevant legislation compliance & operational performance standards. Drive quality assurance and compliance adherence relating to new business development, client services and claims processes & procedures.
Tasks and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain compliance framework in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Identify compliance breaches and investigate irregularities.
- Review, register and resolve complaints.
- Maintain Key Individual/Representative register.
- Maintain and update compliance supervision files (Direct & Ongoing Supervision)
- Review and resolve Fit & Proper queries.
- Maintain compliance procedures and manuals.
- Conduct and report on compliance audits
- Investigate and record operating policies and procedures.
- Record work instructions.
- Maintain systems and exception reports.
- Document approvals and recommendations relating to compliance objections.
- Document segregation of duties.
- Document System controls.
- Co-operating with and supporting the external compliance officer and encouraging employees to do the same.
- Formally raising with top management any inadequacies in the resources needed to achieve compliance.
- Identifying, documenting and communicating compliance exposures in their operations.
- Actively encouraging, mentoring, coaching, and supervising employees to promote compliant behaviour.
- Integrating compliance obligations into business practices.
- Actively participating in the management and resolution of compliance related incidents and issues.
- Developing employee awareness of compliance obligations and requiring them to meet training and competence requirements.
- Integrating compliance performance into employee performance appraisals.
- Encouraging employees to escalate compliance incidents.
- Providing employees with access to resources such as detailed manuals or guides on compliance procedures and reference materials, adequate work tools, training and facilities and support mechanisms, such as access to the external compliance officer and whistleblower systems.
- Identifying compliance obligations with the support of legal and other relevant resources and translating those requirements into actionable policies and procedures.
- Working with the compliance manager to integrate compliance obligations into existing practices and procedures in their areas of responsibility.
- Providing or organizing ongoing training support for managers to ensure that all relevant persons are trained on a regular basis.
- Ensuring compliance is factored into job descriptions and employee performance management processes.
- In conjunction with the external compliance officer, setting in place a compliance reporting and documenting system.
- In conjunction with the external compliance officer, developing and implementing systems for processing complaints.
- In conjunction with the external compliance officer, establishing compliance performance indicators.
- In conjunction with the external compliance officer, analyzing performance to identify the need for corrective action.
- Ensuring compliance capabilities and performance are factored into contracts with external suppliers.
- FETC: Short Term Insurance – NQF Level 4
- Passed FSCA Regulatory Exam for Representatives
- NQF Level 6 (or higher) qualification in Risk Management
- +5 years of experience within the Short-Term Insurance industry
- +3 years of experience in a Compliance Supervisory role
- Communication (Verbal & Written)
- Coaching, Training & Mentoring
- Conflict resolution
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite & G-Suite)
- FAIS, POPI, KYC & TCF Legislations
- Comprehensive Personal-Line Insurance policy wordings
- Multimark III policy schedule and wordings